The 2021 Medical Research Data Infrastructure Grant Opportunity is part of the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) and the Research Data Infrastructure Initiative. This opportunity looks to fund the creation or extension of national research data infrastructure.
It will support world-class health and medical research in Australia. The opportunity focuses on strategic investment in:
- data registries
- data linkage platforms.
The fund will help researchers to collect, share and analyse data more widely. This will help:
- make evidence-based care easier for health professionals
- drive efficient use of resources
- support advances in healthcare.
Funding & duration
Up to $3M for medical research to support data research infrastructure.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia.
You must be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits).
The MRFF encourages joint applications provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
The MRFF can only accept applications where you can provide:
- details of your nominated Chief Investigator A (CIA), the person who will take the lead role in conducting the project
- details of all members of your research team are listed as Chief Investigators (CIs)
- evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding
- letters of support from each project partner, where applicable.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 1 February 2022
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- Visit the website for this scheme