Australian Heart Research, a charity of The Hospital Research Foundation Group, is pleased to invite Expressions of Interest for its 2022 Targeted Grant Round focused on Heart Health Innovation.
Funding & duration
The Australian Heart Research 2022 Heart Health Innovation Grant Round is available for SA-based health and medical researchers, with funding of up to either $250,000 (Tier A) or $125,000 (Tier B) total for a maximum of two years.
The round is looking to fund innovative approaches to improve heart health in three Streams, representing disease management before, during and after a cardiovascular event, as described below:
- Stream 1. Improving the understanding and prevention of heart disease/cardiovascular events (“Before”)
- Stream 2. Improving outcomes upon acute cardiovascular event occurrence (“During”)
- Stream 3. Improving long-term survivorship and reducing the risk of recurrence after cardiovascular events (“After”).
Projects will be expected to expand knowledge of the biological mechanisms of disease or develop innovative diagnostic strategies and/or new therapeutic solutions. Projects must be led by an emerging research leader (within 15 years of HDR or equivalent), and applications from interdisciplinary teams will be highly regarded.
The Hospital Research Foundation seek to fund projects which do not duplicate or substantially overlap with existing projects or pending proposals, including proposals being submitted to the concurrent MRFF Cardiovascular round and topics significantly applicable to our recent Parkinson’s/Stroke round. Please refer to the Guidelines for more details.
Submission requirements & due date
- Expressions of Interest must be submitted for internal review by 2 March 2022.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review