The US Department of Defense have released funding pre-announcements for the following programs to allow investigators time to plan and develop applications.
Please contact the International Grants team if you are considering submitting an application for any of the awards below.
Kidney Cancer Research Program (KCRP)
Applications submitted to the FY22 KCRP must address one or more of the following Focus Areas:
- Conduct basic biology research to better understand etiology and cancer progression, metastatic disease, refractory disease and therapeutic resistance, genetic and environmental risk factors and the prevention of kidney cancer.
- Define the biology of rare kidney cancers and develop treatments to improve outcomes and reduce death.
- Identify and develop new strategies for screening, early-stage detection, accurate diagnosis and prognosis prediction of kidney cancers, with examples including biomarkers and imaging.
- Develop novel therapeutic strategies for the treatment of kidney cancer, such as novel drug targets, therapeutic modalities and agents, treatment combinations, and drug delivery systems.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve the quality of life and survivorship for patients.
- Identify and implement strategies to mitigate health disparities, such as access to healthcare, social and cultural factors, environmental factors, and biological contributors.
- Support preparation and development of the next generation of kidney cancer researchers, or cultivate collaborations in kidney cancer research or patient care in alignment with the KCRP Overarching Strategic Goals
- Academy of Kidney Cancer Scholars – Early-Career Investigator Award
- Clinical Research Nurse Development Award
- Clinical Trial Award
- Concept Award
- Idea Development Award
- Postdoctoral and Clinical Fellowship Award
- Translational Research Partnership Award
Neurofibromatosis Research Program (NFRP)
Applications submitted to the FY22 NFRP must address one or more of the following Areas of Emphasis:
- Neurofibromatosis (NF) Type 2-related areas (e.g., hearing, balance, ependymoma, meningioma)
- Biomarker discovery, utility, development, and validation
- Non-tumour manifestations not limited to:
- Cognitive Manifestations
- Heterogeneity of NF-related tumours
- Novel disease and treatment response markers using genetics, genomics, epigenetics, systems biology, metabolomics, or similar approaches
- Preclinical efficacy studies
- Target identification, drug discovery
- Nutritional, environmental, and other modifiers of NF
- Health services research
- Clinical Trial Award
- Exploration-Hypothesis Development Award
- Investigator Initiated Research Award
- New Investigator Research Award
- Early Investigator Research Award
- Synergistic Idea Award