The overarching outcome of the ILA Program is to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to express, preserve and maintain their cultures through Indigenous languages and arts activities.
Funding & duration
The grant can commence once you have entered into a grant agreement with the Commonwealth for this purpose.
Grant funding allocated through the ILA Program supports activities that:
- Capture, revitalise and sustain Indigenous languages by:
- Facilitating activities that capture and preserve Indigenous languages,
- Facilitating active participation by the community in Indigenous language teaching and learning pathways,
- Creating and developing Indigenous language resources, enabling community to speak and hear their languages being used in everyday life,
- Develop, produce, present, exhibit or perform a diverse range of traditional and contemporary Indigenous art forms,
- Support new and innovative forms of Indigenous cultural expression through arts, and
- Contribute to the Australian Government’s priorities and outcomes for Aboriginal languages, including those under Target 16 of the National Agreement on Closing the Gap and the International Decade of Indigenous Languages 2022-2032.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 August 2022
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code FND000990.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org