The rural urban interface is an area of constant change in both the demographic composition and the progressive expansion of the urban interface in many locations. This constant change makes the effective mitigation of risk and management of fire in those regions challenging.
This project seeks to progress our understanding of how we can reduce risks at the rural urban interface through an integrated interdisciplinary project.
The key areas of focus are:
- how we can better support community action;
- the behaviour and modelling of bushfires in interface areas; and
- the evaluation of effective and innovative mitigation strategies.
Submission requirements & due date
Project teams responding to this call for Expressions of Interest are required to submit their response that includes a project proposal of up to eight pages that clearly addresses the requirements of the specifications set out in the EOI.
- 23 October 2022: EOI proposals are due by 11:59pm (AEDT) to email@example.com. Please send a copy of your EOI to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Successful applicants will be notified by 11 November.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review