PCFA recognises the importance of growing our prostate cancer workforce in Australia, with a particular focus on funding young post-doctoral researchers (clinical, basic and allied health). Therefore, the 2022 funding round will be focused on supporting our key and emerging talent through novel concept funding that will enable awardees to undertake focused projects and/or generate pilot data for future grant applications and develop new multidisciplinary collaborations.
The below funding is on offer, for a term of 1 year:
- 6 x $100,000 Concept Grant Awards for Early Career Researchers (Up to 5 years post PhD) and Mid-Career Researchers (5-10 years post PhD)
Applications are welcome from prostate cancer-focused researchers in the following Priority Areas:
- Application of precision approaches to therapies across the prostate cancer continuum, including hormone sensitive prostate cancer
- Research (basic, translational, epidemiological) that capitalises on existing repositories of biological samples and clinical data from men with prostate cancer
- Better understanding the impact of prostate cancer on men’s lives and improving the quality of life of men diagnosed with prostate cancer, their partners, and their families
- Better understanding the basis of, and approaches to address disparities in, prostate cancer outcomes based on ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and location
- Bringing precision approaches to survivorship strategies (e.g., exercise, nutrition, mental and psychosocial supports)
Funding & duration
Duration of funding: 1 year
Level of funding: 6 x $100,000
See PCFA website for further information.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 9 December 2022
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- Visit the website for this scheme