Natural Hazards Research Australia (hereafter the Centre) is seeking Expressions of Interest from project teams for the project T2-A9 Natural hazards and resilience in complex urban systems.
This project has three main objectives:
1. To increase understanding within the emergency management sector of:
a) multidimensional, compounding and cascading disaster impacts arising from natural hazard events for communities located in major urban areas in
b) the ways in which these impacts may change over time under the influence of climate change, rapid urbanisation and other factors to influence urban resilience.
2. To develop guidance for local and state governments, emergency services and community organisations to conceptually map vulnerabilities and resilience within urban systems at local scales; and demonstrate its application with a proof of concept case study.
3. To develop process principles and standards for use by local and state governments, emergency services and community organisations to effectively prioritise and influence urban resilience investment at local, state and federal levels; and monitor and evaluate the outcomes of investment decisions.
Funding & duration
1-2 years. Budget not specified
Research needs to include a focus on social and climate justice aspects of vulnerability given the discriminatory nature of the impact of disasters on vulnerable communities and citizens.
Submission requirements & due date
- Expressions must be submitted for internal review by 6 February 2023
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- General enquiries: email@example.com