The International Space Investment India Projects (ISI India Projects) grant program is now open for applications.
An India-focused expansion of the International Space Investment Initiative was announced in 2022, and will provide support for Australian organisations to conduct joint space projects and build valuable commercial links with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the broader Indian space sector. ISI India Projects are delivered by the Australian Space Agency and DISR Grants Delivery & Business Services, building off the concept of a broader 2018 ISI initiative.
This grant opportunity aims to:
- unlock international space opportunities for Australia to work on space projects with India
- expand the capability and capacity of the Australian space sector, and support job creation
- demonstrate the Australian space sector’s ability to deliver space-related products and services internationally
- support projects which help build a vision and a diverse, inclusive Australian space ecosystem that inspires businesses, the Australian community and the next generation of space workforce, researchers and entrepreneurs
- increase investment in the space sector, targeting the Mutual Priority Areas, as described in Appendix A of the grant opportunity guidelines.
Mutual priority areas for collaborative space projects:
- earth observation
- position, navigation and timing
- advanced manufacturing for space
- artificial intelligence for space-based applications
- applied space medicine and life sciences
- space situational awareness and debris mitigation
- cyber security projects for space missions
- science and exploration services
- facilitating space projects in industry resilience, workforce and skills development.
University of Adelaide researchers are eligible to apply.
Submission requirements & due date
- Internal submission deadline Tuesday, 30th of July, 2023.
- The ISI India Projects grant applications close Tuesday, 13 June, 2023.
- Grants from $1M to $10M.
- Total grant pool of $20.69M in funding over 4 financial years (2022-23 to 2025-26)
- Visit the website for this scheme.
Webinar – Tuesday 28 March 2023, Tuesday, 28 March 2023, 3:30-5:00pm (ACDT).
- Roundtable – Wednesday 12 April 2023, Wednesday, 12 April 2023, 3:00-4:30 (ADST)
- General enquiries: email@example.com