Travel Story: Bihong Zhang

Bihong Zhang from the Robinson Research Institute’s Reproductive Immunology group attended the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Endocrine Society of Australia and the Society for Reproductive Biology 2014 in Melbourne.

Bihong presented her research on Interleukin 10 deficiency alters the transcriptome of T regulatory cells in pregnant mice.

This is what Bihong had to say about her experience:

What was a highlight of the conference?
In the Society for Reproductive Biology (SRB) student session, three students presented their work regarding novel techniques. I gained new insight into the biological process of implantation. This knowledge could potentially provide me with alternative ways of conducting my experiments and benefit my future research. Additionally, there were many presentations that were highly relevant to my research interests, examining different aspects.

Did you meet any researchers or collaborators of significance? – Please provide details:
Yes, Prof. Gerald Schatten gave a symposium talk and SRB president lecture. I also met Dr. Lisa Akison and Dr. Alison Care who are RRI Alumni.

What was the most exciting thing you learned/experienced at the Conference?
In the SRB /Society for Reproduction and Fertility (SRF) exchange lecture, Dr Alison Wallace presented her work regarding the decidual natural killer cells in pregnancies with impaired spiral artery remodeling. This is highly relevant to my research and greatly extended my understanding of the potential connections between natural killer cells and regulatory T cells during early pregnancy.

Would you recommend this experience to your friends/colleagues and why?
Definitely, I would recommend to anyone who is interested, it could potentially improve your career and expand your knowledge.

This entry was posted in Travel Story. Bookmark the permalink.