It is well known that the mother’s health at conception and during pregnancy affects fertility and the health of the baby. New evidence shows that the father’s fitness and lifestyle are equally important.
Events before we are born set up a life-time of good health or poor health, and are linked to whether or not chronic disease develops later in life. Both mothers and fathers can plan to provide a healthy start for their unborn children.
Hosted by the Robinson Research Institute and Healthy Development Adelaide, attendees will hear from 4 experts on varying aspects of men’s health, and the life-long impact on the resulting children.
- Dr Nicole McPherson: Obesity!! The modern man’s fertility nemesis
- Dr Michelle Lane: Sperm stress matters to the next generation
- A/Prof Darryl Russell: Chemical exposures – should prospective fathers be worried?
- Prof Gary Wittert: Myth Busters Special: Men and their involvement with health care; bad behaviour or bad rap?
Registrations essential! Refreshments from 5:00pm.
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM (ACST)
- Adelaide Pavilion – Parkview Room, Corner South Terrace and Peacock Road, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia