Worried about bike security?
Thanks to SA Police, there are some great tips below to keep your bike as secure as possible!
- Engrave or mark your bike frame, and any bike accessories
>> Mark it permanently (ultraviolet pen, microdot, etc.) with “S” (for South Australia) followed by your driver’s licence number e.g. S123456
- Take a photo of your bike, then complete the Bike Passport and keep it in a safe place.
- Buy a good quality bike lock and make sure it fits well.
>> Need help with choosing a lock? Talk to Treadly (in the Hub’s Western Courtyard) or your bike dealer.
- Park and secure your bike in well-lit and populated areas.
>> Lock your bike frame and both wheels to a secure object.
>> When securing your bike, remove equipment including helmet, lights, pump, etc.
- Never leave your bike unattended and unlocked, even for a short period of time.
- At home, keep your bike in a locked shed or inside your house.
Still have questions? Check out the SA Police website for more info.