We have lots of information on our website about exam stress, and lots of old blog post – so take a look . I have included some quick tips below. I also found an article on the Reachout website; it’s always good to add new ideas to our list.
– Think of exams as a chance to show what you’ve learnt. The University really WANTS you to pass.
– If these are your first Uni exams be extra prepared and find out what to expect. There is a handy pamphlet you can pick up outside the counselling centre, or find it here on-line.
– Check out the venue ahead of time- know you can get there easily . Leave plenty of time to get there.
– Ask questions, check all the posts and updates in MyUni that your course coordinator puts up.
– Practice with past exam papers.
– Have a revision schedule.
– Write while you read; writing down the key points helps them stick in your memory
-Try to eat and sleep well- it does help
– Some people swear by Vitamin B to relieve stress – I always say check with you Dr though before taking anything