Free at Last!

celebrationI’m freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I sat my supplementary exam yesterday, and I think it went okay. Actually, I’m pretty sure I nailed it. Seeing the uni counsellor the week before was the boost I needed to get me through.

Not that the past week has been easy. Study always feels like a slog, even when it’s going well, and I was still pretty anxious about the exam. But my session with the counsellor gave me some much needed perspective. I was so upset over failing the first time that I felt I had something to prove the second time around—as though how I did on the sup exam would reflect my worth as a sheep. Which is nonsense! I can see that now, but at the time I was so fixated on the exam, I couldn’t see past it, and even though it was taking up all my energy I wasn’t getting anywhere. I felt like one of those cartoon characters who’s moving so fast their legs are a pin-wheeling blur, but they’re running in place.

Once I took a breath and realised that this exam wasn’t going to define the rest of my life, Brainy was able to get down to work and everything I was reading started making a whole lot more sense. It’s just a shame that I’m only eligible for a pass mark. Even so, it’s a relief to have it over and done with. Now I can get back to focusing on the really important stuff: family, friends, and figuring out what I’m going to do next year. Actually, I reckon I’ve made up my mind about that last one. I just want to sit with the decision for a few more days. Make sure it feels right. In the meantime, here’s to a much-deserved break!

This entry was posted in Study Matters and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.