Zoe on her way to the UN Youth National Conference

USC year 12 student, Zoe, has been chosen to participate in the United Nations Youth National Conference in July.

The UN Youth Australia National Conference brings together 140 of Australasia’s brightest and most engaged young people for a week-long program of workshops, debates, speakers, and Model UN simulations.

The Conference aims to create a generation of young Australians who are informed and passionate about the world around them through education, engagement with national leaders, and peer mentorship. The Conference includes students from every state and territory, as well as Japan, Tonga, and New Zealand.

Congratulations Zoe for being one of the 10 South Australians invited.

Zoe is currently enrolled in the Head Start Scholarship Program offered through the University of Adelaide. In Semester 1, she is enrolled in Europe, Empire & World and will follow this up with Introduction to International Politics in Semester 2.
 Zoe states:

I feel quite honoured to have been selected for the conference, as I know it is going to be an incredible experience. Focusing on human rights and development, it will allow me to deepen my understanding of the key issues facing our regional and global communities and how we, as young people can help solve these.  As I have become very interested in diplomacy and international law, the communication and negotiation skills the conference will enable me to develop will also be highly beneficial. The other South Australian delegates and facilitators are an incredible group of people, so I’m very excited to be travelling with them and can’t wait to meet the delegates from interstate, New Zealand and Japan, who I’m sure will be similarly inspirational. The conference is a great opportunity, and I’m extremely thankful that I became involved in the UN Youth Organisation.”

Today, Zoe arranged a Fundraising Bake Sale to assist with her travel costs to get to the Sydney Conference. USC Staff and students rallied together and made a selection of baked goods to assist Zoe to reach her fundraising target.

This entry was posted in Achievements, Local News, News, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.