On Thursday 28h May 2015, the USC Old Scholars’ Association (USCOSA) held their Annual General Meeting at the USC Main Campus. The USCOSA committee is made up of USC Old Scholars’ who donate their time for the benefit of fellow Old Scholars’. Tasks include organising events, raising funds to support students from disadvantaged backgrounds to attend USC, establishing networking opportunities, mentoring current students, and growing the network of USC Old Scholars to assist with future career progression and studies.
The committee reviewed their achievements over the past 12 months, which included:
- Finalising the USCOSA Scholarship Framework resulting in two (2) scholarships being offered with 50% off tuition fees for both year 11 and 12 for deserving students
- Donation of $1000 to the redevelopment of Level 5 of the Jordan Building
- Assisting Louise Small with the Year 11 Careers Day
- Organising the 5 year and 10 year reunions for the 2009, 2010 and 2006 graduating classes
- Providing mentor support to current USC students
2015 Elected USC Old Scholars’ Committee
- Racheal Ingleton (13) – Chairperson
- Joshua Gutteridge (04) – Vice Chairperson
- Marielle Smith (04) – Vice Chairperson Support
- Olga Pangos (13) – Secretary
- Adam Dixon (05) – Treasurer
- Celia Le (06) – General Member (USC Council Member)
- Leigh Gembus (04) – General Member
- Matthew Ford (13) – General Member
- Murray Thompson (USC) – Ex-Officio
- Carmen Bishop (USC) – Ex-Officio
As the new Chairperson for the USC Old Scholars’ Committee, Rachael Ingleton said:
“I believe that one of the unique features of USC is that it will distinguish you amongst your peers, and leave a lasting impact. While your time at USC may come to an end, the virtue of it doesn’t. That’s what USCOSA aims to do – to connect a community of individuals, who reflect a great diversity, but share a commonality. We hope that by engaging our old scholars, we will foster a network that celebrates and enhances their achievements”
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome new committee members Mathew Ford (2013) as general member, and Adam Dixon (2005) as Treasurer.
We also farewell Laura Logan (2012) as she takes a step back from the committee to balance a mix of academic study, internships and a pursuing her career. Laura will graduate from a Bachelor of Media with a Major in Marketing in June of 2016. She is currently interning at Algo Mas Marketing in digital marketing, aiming for a career in marketing with a special interest in Digital Marketing and Consumer Behaviour. Laura was instrumental in assisting with event management, sourcing donations for fundraising activities and giving her time to assist new USC old scholars’. You will see Laura star in one of the USC testimonial videos which we will be releasing shortly and look forward to sharing with you.
If you are an old scholar, we would love to hear about your life and educational experience since graduating from USC. Or perhaps you would like to be involved in career days, mentoring opportunities, reunion coordination or joining the dynamic Old Scholar committee.
Contacting the USC Old Scholars’ Committee:
Phone: 08 8313 8370
The first project for the USC Old Scholars’ committee is the Quiz Night, which is being held on Friday 12th June 2015. There are still tables available, and there is also an online auction, which is open to the public: