Farewell from Principal Bob Holloway

To all members of the USC Community

At the end of June I will leave my position and hand over the leadership to Anita Zocchi. USC Council has made a wise choice in this appointment and Anita will bring a wealth of experience in educational leadership to USC that will enable ongoing growth in the strength and quality of our unique learning pathway.

When I joined the foundation staff of USC in 2002 we shared a collective vision to create a different form of senior secondary education. Together we pursued the development of a school where each individual had the opportunity to take charge of their learning and pursue university entry in a supportive and exciting learning environment. Now in our sixteenth year, USC has consolidated its position in the educational landscape of South Australia and is acknowledged as one of the most successful feeder schools into the university sector in the state. Most importantly this measure of success goes beyond university entry and considers retention, completion, acceptance into graduate courses and many significant appointments beyond university.

It has been a privilege for me to work alongside such a talented and dedicated staff over the years and I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey. We can all be proud of what has been achieved to date and be excited with what is over the horizon. Possibly the most satisfying aspect of our venture is the widespread acknowledgement amongst education professionals that the USC pathway is innovative and highly valued.

The time is right for me to hand the baton of leadership to another and in doing so I thank every member of the school community for their support over the years. In conclusion, I encourage USC graduates to live life creatively, pursue their passion and help build a more just and equitable global society. You should all see your future as one filled with promise and possibility.

Bob Holloway
Principal

Bob Holloway - University Senior College Principal

This entry was posted in International News, Local News, News, Staff Profiles. Bookmark the permalink.