Competition for Summer Internship Positions at Sydney Startup Play2Lead
Play2Lead is a quiz platform that allows players to play games on their desktop or mobile devices so that they can learn the latest in their particular areas of interest. The first target segment that this platform will address is management education. Play2Lead has engaging gamification elements and simple integration to social media.
Interns who showcase the best fit will have the opportunity to apply for a full-time role as Content Manager or potentially depending on your interest and skills other roles in the management team. This role is initially to create contextual quizzes to best demonstrate the key insights from leading management books. If you like reading about the latest in management thinking (this is not about reading lengthy case studies;) then this role is for you. This is an unpaid role.
- Must have had 3-5 years experience either in consulting or in a line role. Ideally with exposure to more than one functional area, e.g. marketing, product development, sales etc.
- Looking for entrepreneurial, passionate & fun, agile talent who are hungry to innovate and open to learn quickly from failure.
How the competition for the Internship works
- Competition Opens on Dec 10: You get a list of the leading management books that you must then submit at least 1 set of 10 questions and potential options (both correct and incorrect options).
- Round 1 Closes on Dec 21.
- Round 2 Closes on Jan 11.
- Winners announced on Jan 18.
Winning entries get
- Bragging rights on your CV and credits on our website as well as the quiz itself (once this feature is turned on early 2013)
- To work directly with a startup right at its early stages. Play2Lead plans to launch in early 2013 and then obtain Series A funding.
For more information about the competition, please contact Theresa Lim. Theresa founded Play2Lead in late 2012 to address the need for time-poor managers and aspiring managers to get the latest in management thinking. She has worked at global companies such as ThoughtWorks, BHP Billiton, Vodafone, Andersen as well as two other startups. Theresa is AGSM, MBA and CPA qualified. Check out Theresa’s LinkedIn profile.