Being outside in nature is great for mental health and wellbeing. You are invited to join us in the Adelaide Park Lands to try bushcare and take a guided walk in nature. The Park Lands is the perfect place to connect safely with other people if you’re feeling isolated or alone. International students are encouraged to attend.
Come along to meet like-minded people and immerse yourself in beautiful bushland. Discover the hidden wonders of your local environment in a beautiful bushland close to home. A healthy lunch will be provided. Regenerate In the Adelaide Park Lands!
See the schedule here.
REGISTRATIONS ESSENTIAL: Call 8406 0500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuck in/out of SA/Australia during COVID-19?
A UoA Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) student is seeking to interview international students for her research project. The project aims to better understand student experiences of border closures during COVID-19.
Help us understand student experiences of border closures during COVID-19. Participate in an interview and help us identify ways to better support students impacted by border closures in the future.
The researcher is looking for :
- current students at the University of Adelaide (2022) with experiences of being locked out of (or into) South Australia or Australia (or both) during the COVID-19 pandemic border closures
- including: experiences with transition to university, deferring university, and/or studying while impacted by border closures
- excluding: having to cancel a recreational holiday interstate or overseas, if you are under 18, if you are not proficient in English, or if you are not currently living in Australia.
Email your expression of interest to email@example.com to participate.
(School of Psychology’s Human Research Ethics Subcommittee Approval: #22/31)
University of Adelaide students with an Allianz Care OSHC policy, you have free access to health and wellbeing support from Sonder.
Through Sonder, you can access confidential safety and wellbeing support 24/7. You can access support through chat, or over the phone, and connect with nurses and wellbeing experts. In the app, there are also functions to:
- track your journey and ensure you get to your destination safely
- check in on you if you’re meeting someone new or going somewhere unfamiliar
- get safety notifications about dangerous situation nearby and important information like changes to covid restrictions
- provide multilingual support
- browse resources on help topics including stress, medical advice, scam warnings
To access Sonder:
- Download Sonder app from your preferred app store
- Click ‘new user’
- Enter the email address you provided to Allianz when purchasing your policy
- Enter your details and you’ll be asked to create a password
If you have any trouble activating your account contact Sonder via 1800-UR-SAFE (1800 877 233).
As we start Semester 2 2021, you might have questions about making changes to your enrolments, or your financial options. To help you be better informed before you make a decision, International Student Support have set up a series of webinars with information about University processes, timelines, and CoE and student visa matters. There’s also […]
Our current onshore students wrote these messages of support for international students who are unable to travel to Australia at the moment. If you’re currently studying from offshore, we hope you’re able to join us soon!
Have you taken advantage of all the free employability and career development programs available to you as a University of Adelaide student? We think developing your employability and getting your career ready is an important part of your learning at Adelaide. No matter where you are based in the world you can take advantage of […]
27 May – 23 June
In this series, you will hear from JP Morgan’s employees directly and get your questions answered in real-time through live Q&A. Topics covered including career advice to business overviews, to culture and employees. You’ll gain insight into our recruitment process, program opportunities, what we do and how to get started on […]
Share your experiences, questions, and opinions
This series of sessions – made especially for students who are studying from outside of Australia – is a forum for you to speak with your Faculty, International Student Support, and fellow students. During the session, you can ask your own questions, as well as finding out more about topics […]
Applications close 31 March 2021.
The Mental Health and Wellbeing Directorate of Wellbeing SA is seeking international students who are interested in designing and/or participating in a video interview to talk with Mental Health Commissioner David Kelly about how COVID-19 has impacted on their emotional/mental health and wellbeing.
Wellbeing SA is also looking for international students who […]
Access to food
Red Cross – Emergency Relief for Temporary Visa Holders
The Australian Red Cross is providing emergency relief to people on temporary visas in Australia. AR International proudly cooperates with Red Cross to distribute the parcels every fortnight in Adelaide. You are entitled to collect one parcel per registration, from the Adelaide CBD. Register here:
Monday 15 […]