The ACVT values its links with other research institutions and industry partners. These links include
▪ The Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO) has been a long term partner of the group.
▪ University of South Australia
▪ School of Computer and Information Science
Primary Centre Representative: Professor Bruce Thomas, Director of the Wearable Computer Laboratory
▪ The Entertainment Technology Center, Carnegie Mellon University
Primary Centre Representative: Will Bosley, Campus Director
▪ South Australian Partnership for Advanced Computing(SAPAC)
Primary Centre Representative: Dr. Paul Coddington, Deputy Director
▪ The Australian Institute for Commercialisation
“With the growing importance of digital media globally, South Australia has a great opportunity to leverage its local capabilities in this field through the initiation of a Centre for Visual Technologies, creating a world class technology centre.” – Simon Edwards, South Australian Manager
“South Australia has the capacity to become a leader in the digital media industry. The Centre for Visual Technologies offers an opportunity to develop both the research and education programs necessary for this industry’s success.” – Matthew Michalewicz, CEO
▪ The Research Network for a Secure Australia (RNSA)
Video surveillance is a key technology in the protection of Australian infrastructure against a variety of types of threat. The surveillance research carried out within the ACVT is particularly well suited to these applications.
▪ The Australian Homeland Security Research Centre
The members of the ACVT have used video processing technologies in a number of homeland security applications, including protecting Australian waters from illegal fishing by the analysis of video capture from unamanned aerial vehicles (in conjunction with DSTO and Coastwatch).
▪ Australian School of Petroleum
Primary Centre Representative: Prof Ashok Khurana
▪ ARC Research Network on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing
Primary Centre Representative: Associate Professor Marimuthu Palaniswam
▪ Computational Neuroscience Research Cluster (CNRC)
Primary Centre Representative: Associate Professor Gerard O’Brien
Primary Centre Representative: Simon Ratcliffe, Chief Software Engineer