This prize was established by the University as a result of an offer from the South Australian Branch of the Economic Society of Australia and New Zealand to provide an annual prize in Principles of Economics I.
- The Prize shall be called ‘The Economic Society Prize in Principles of Economics I’.
- The prize shall consist of a cash prize of $250 plus 2 years of full membership with subscriptions to both journals published by the Society.
- The prize shall be awarded by the School of Economics to the student obtaining the best aggregate result in Principles of Economics I, provided that in the opinion of the Head of School the candidate is of sufficient merit.
- Should there be two or more candidates of equal merit, the Head of School will determine one winner.
- The terms of the prize may be varied at any time by agreement between the South Australian Branch of the Economic Society of Australia SA Incorporated and the University.
2018 winner: Edward Rosser
2017 winner: Keagan Lee
Keagan Lee with President of the Economics Society of Australia (SA), Prof. Kostas Mavromaras
2016 winner : Anabella Irene