Who Put the Civil In Civilisation?

How did engineers and engineering technology affect the development of human civilisation? Where are we now, and what will future civilisations look like? Where would society be without safe homes and buildings or without an effective transport system? Learn about how our civilisation depends on Civil Engineers and about their developing role in modern society.

click to play video
This entry was posted in Engineering, Maths, and Computer Science and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses

1. Jane Smith says:

I am interested to study an engineering degree but I have finished year 12 years ago. Can I still apply for the program?

• a1095343 says:

Hi Jane,

You are more than welcome to apply for our Engineering programs. Your Year 12 results may still be valid or you may wish to consider our Special Entry pathway if you do not wish to use your Year 12 results.

Cheers,
      Sue

• Jack Black says:

If I would like to speak to someone regarding my options, who can I ring?

• Sue Ng says:

You may wish to phone the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences (ECMS) on (08) 8303 4148 to find out the contact details of the lecturer.

2. Joe Smith says:

I am interested in studying engineering but I didn’t study science or maths at school. Can I still do it?

• Sue Ng says:

You may wish to study a program that does not require prerequisites first and then try to transfer to an engineering program later on. You will need to ensure that you satisfy the engineering prereqs in your first year before you are eligible for transfer.