In addition to the University of Adelaide’s international scholarship program there are now available a number of AGRS Scholarships may be available for international students from any country, who have recently graduated from the University of Adelaide, to undertake postgraduate research at the University of Adelaide in 2011.
Eligibility Criteria: In order to be eligible for consideration a student must:
- be completing their four year undergraduate degree including first class honours in a research based honours program or masters degree with a sufficient research component to be approved by the Research Education Development Committee as a degree acceptable for entry to the PhD. ie a Masters degree including a minimum of 12 points of research at the University of Adelaide in 2010 OR have completed the above in 2009;
- be eligible to enrol as a commencing student in a full-time postgraduate research program at the University of Adelaide in 2011
- be an international student; and
- not be currently enrolled in the higher degree by research program at the University of Adelaide for which the student is applying for a scholarship
- Currently enrolled PhD students and applicants who applied in previous AGFS/AGRS scholarship rounds are not eligible to apply again.
Recipients MUST be able to commence their research program by 31 August 2011. Under no circumstances can the scholarship be deferred to 2012.
Benefits: Benefits are payment of full tuition fees for the normal duration of the program and an annual living allowance ($22,500 in 2010). The allowance will be paid for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only). No other allowances will be paid. The scholarship does not provide an OSHC allowance.
Closing Date: Applications close on 29 October 2010. We strongly recommend that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date. Incomplete applications at the scholarship application deadline will not be considered for a scholarship.
For more information about conditions, application procedures and to access the application forms and referee report forms.
If you have any questions please contact
International Research Scholarships Officer