This prize was established by the University as a result of an offer from the South Australian Branch of the Economic Society of Australia and New Zealand to provide an annual prize in Intermediate Econometrics II.
- The prize shall be called “Economic Society Prize in Intermediate Econometrics”.
- The prize shall consist of a cash prize of $250 plus 2 years of full membership with subscriptions to both journals published by the Society.
- The prize shall be awarded by the School of Economics to the student obtaining the best result in Intermediate Econometrics II, provided that in the opinion of the Head of School the candidate is of sufficient merit.
- Should there be two or more candidates of equal merit, the Head of School will determine one winner.
- The terms of the prize may be varied at any time by agreement between the South Australian Branch of the Economic Society of Australia and New Zealand and the University.
2018 winner: Lauren Fletcher
Lauren Fletcher with Zhang Wei, Secretary, The Economic Society of Australia (SA)
2017 winner: Timothy Porter
Timothy Porter and Professor Kostas Mavromaras, President of the Australian Economic Society (SA)
2016 winner: Leiyu Wang