Our free PL-in-a-Box initiative supports professional learning (PL) of Digital Technologies in your school or community. We’ve created ready-made PL resources designed to support you or your team in delivering free professional learning sessions, workshops or events for Digital Technologies.
We’ve designed a new Pl-in-a-Box pack for delivering a workshop on Makerspaces! The workshop covers:
- What is a Makerspace?
- Why Makerspaces?
- Example Maker projects suitable for the classroom.
- Maker activities, as linked to key thinking skills: Design Thinking, Computational Thinking and Systems Thinking.
This workshop was delivered by the SA CSER Team recently in partnership with the University of Adelaide’s Children’s University Program. The feedback was very positive and so we’d like to make this workshop accessible to you! The PL-in-a-Box pack comes with:
- A downloadable, customisable slide deck with speaker notes
- Activity ideas for a Makerspace PL workshop
- Embedded videos and content that support you to explain and unpack Makerspaces
- Links to further resources and support on Makerspaces
To access the free resource please visit our PL-in-a-Box website. If this is your first time visiting the site, you will just need to register (free). You’ll find our new Makerspace pack under the Themed Workshops.
Thank you to Google Australia who provided funding to launch PL-in-a-Box!