The Australian Centre for Visual Technologies (ACVT) at The University of Adelaide has scholarships available for both local and international students interested in pursuing a PhD. The ACVTs is one of the most successful groups in its research area in the world, and has had students and post-docs go on to good positions at some of the highest profile institutions and companies. The newly created scholarships provide an opportunity to join a large and diverse group of students, and to interact with a world-class set of researchers.
These scholarships are available to students interested in working in a range of topics in Computer Vision, Robotics and Machine Learning including, but not limited to
- Simultaneous Localisation And Mapping (SLAM)
- Robot Vision
- Big Data in Vision
- Video Surveillance and Real-time Object Detection
- Large-scale Object Retrieval and Image Retrieval
- Deep Learning, and Feature Learning
- Generic Image Classification
- Optimisation Methods in Computer Vision
Students will be supervised by members of the ACVT, including Prof. Ian Reid, Prof. Anton van den Hengel, and A/Prof Chunhua Shen, and will join a large, and growing, group of world-class researchers working in this rapidly developing area. Students have the potential to be part of a large team working towards fundamental issues in:
- robotic vision, to enable robots to operate safely and effectively in unstructured environments;
- fundamental “big data” problems involving development of state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms to extact value from otherwise unstructured data;
- lifelong learning for autonomous systems.
The ACVT has full tuition + stipend scholarships available, as well as top up scholarships for those who have already received other funding. Each scholarship attracts significant travel funding to cover the cost of presenting at the major international conferences in the field.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and quote Reference number 01523.
A PDF Poster is available here: PhD Scholarships