An exclusive slow picnic & wildlife event in the Adelaide Hills. Enjoy some child-free time as you unwind & connect with nature.
Peaceful, private and informative: A truly unique picnic in nature.
Unwind in your own private picnic site beside a babbling creek nestled under old gums while keeping an eye out for our resident endangered southern brown bandicoots and more.
When: Saturday, 3rd October 2020 – 10:00am, 1:00pm & 4:00pm.
Where: Clarendon, Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Book: Book here at the Nature Festival
Contact: Kathy Menzel 0416 233 523
- A complementary bubbles & brew to get your picnic underway
- 5 x private settings, each for 2 adults (including 2 chairs)
- A short guided tour of local features including the native vegetation and wildlife found on the way to your picnic site.
- A Rewild Creek Information Pack about the site’s wildlife and vegetation, the “rewilding” journey and information about related initiatives such as the University of Adelaide’s iBandi project
- The opportunity for nature to come to you – we guarantee there’s plenty to see and if you’re quiet and still enough you might just see the local “not so shy” bandicoots.
What to do:
- Purchase two tickets to enjoy this special event with a friend or special person
- Pack your picnic nibbles to relax and unwind in nature
- Take a drive up near beautiful Clarendon in the Adelaide Hills
- Be greeted at the property together with other picnic-goers, and taken on a short, informative walk on the way to your own private picnic location
- Enjoy your picnic – soak up the sun, the sounds and the scenery, sit back, relax and unwind.
What to bring:
- Picnic, picnic rug, camera & binoculars!
- Walking shoes
- There is a short walk on an unmade bush track to reach your picnic site.
- This event is situated on private property. Please respect the site and those nearby by being mindful of your presence (go slowly, quietly and let nature come to you).
- Allow approx. 2 hours for your picnic and 20 mins for the tour
- For privacy, the event address and directions will be emailed one day prior.
- This is a children and pet free event
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
The Rewild Creek “Picnic with Bubbles & Bandicoots” is proudly supported by the Green Adelaide Board and the University of Adelaide’s “ibandi” citizen science project.